June 2, 2011
Postgrad Solutions launches fantastic new design competition
Postgrad Solutions has launched a great new design competition with the winning prize of an iPad2, not to mention a fantastic boost to your CV!
We have teamed up with renowned information designer and author of Information is Beautiful, David McCandless, for an exclusive design competition. David, an independent data journalist, has a passion for visualising information which is a huge growth area on the internet.
We want postgraduate students (ie YOU!) to take the raw student data and translate it into a visual design in the most arresting possible way for the online environment – the resulting piece can be static, interactive or video-based.
It’s really easy to enter the competition, and you could win:
• A brand new iPad2
• Recognition from our panel of industry experts in journalism, data visualisation and design
• Your name and work promoted across the web
• A noteworthy addition to your portfolio, website and CV
• A full post profiling you and your work, and the design process you followed
• A signed copy of Information is Beautiful by David McCandless
• And if you’re currently studying, you may even be able to submit it as part of your coursework
The winners will be chosen by our prestigious panel of judges, including, David McCandless, judges from the BBC, software company Tableau, marketing agency 97th Floor and other highly regarded infographic designers, journalists and techie folk including Andy Kirk of VisualisingData.com.
The competition closes at 11pm GMT on Monday 20th June 2011.
Winners will be announced by Monday 4th July 2011.
Looking for funding for postgraduate studies in 2011? Check out the exclusive bursaries on offer from Postgrad Solutions.
Content added on 2nd June 2011.