Albany Law School: Albany Law Schoolhttp://www.albanylaw.edu/llm
Albany Law School
Earn your LL.M. at Albany Law School, a historic, private school that offers unparalleled opportunities and a supportive learning environment.
• Albany Law School, founded in 1851, is the only law school in New York State’s capital.
• Graduates include a U.S. president, U.S. Supreme Court justices, New York's current governor, and chief counsels to Fortune 500 companies.
• Albany—the home of New York's highest court, federal courts, the state legislature, and a vibrant start-up culture—is a laboratory for the study of law.
• The area is rich in history, government and culture, and is centrally located for easy access to New York City, Boston, and Montreal, Canada.
• Albany Law School has an affiliation agreement with University at Albany that includes shared programs, and access for students and faculty to learn from one another.
• Albany Law School shares a 54-acre midtown campus with three other educational institutions and research facilities. Together, the schools attract students from across the country and around the world whose diverse interests and backgrounds enrich the intellectual and social environment for all. Campus amenities include a fitness center, athletic fields, gymnasiums, an art gallery and bookstore.
LL.M. for International Lawyers
This LL.M. degree program is designed for internationally educated attorneys who wish to qualify to take the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) for admission to the New York State bar or other bars. (International lawyers who do not intend to take the bar exam have the option of pursuing other LL.M. specializations, including Intellectual Property Law, and the all-online program in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law.)
In addition to regular course work, LL.M. students are eligible to earn up to four credits through the Law Clinic & Justice Center, where students represent real clients in actual cases under the close supervision of faculty members.
Conditional admission: Offered for international students who meet all admission requirements except the minimum English language requirement. Learn more.
Albany Law School offers several different LL.M. study options. The following LL.M. programs are intended for students with a J.D. degree from a U.S. law school, or international lawyers who do not intend to take the bar exam.
Candidates may specialize in:
• Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law (100% online)
• Health Law;
• or candidates may design a course of study other than those specialized programs.
Earn Your LL.M. Online
The online LL.M. in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law is designed for lawyers with a desire or a need to learn more about the legal and policy implications of cybersecurity and data privacy. This 100% online program features professors and practitioners with unique expertise in information security, data privacy, cybercrime, and intellectual property. The online LL.M. is designed for graduates of both international and U.S.-based law schools.
Visit albanylaw.edu/llm to learn more about the LL.M. programs at Albany Law School, or to request additional information.
J.D., Dual, and Master’s Degrees
Albany Law School offers a traditional J.D. degree, an accelerated 2-year J.D., 17 law degree concentrations, and several combined and dual degrees through accredited colleges and universities in the Capital Region and New York City.
Albany Law School also offers a Master of Science (M.S.) in Legal Studies with four different concentrations: Cybersecurity & Data Privacy (100% online program); Government Affairs and Advocacy; Health Law & Healthcare Compliance; and Social Entrepreneurship.
How to Apply: LL.M. for International Lawyers
Admission to the LL.M. Program for International Lawyers requires electronically submitting an application with all required materials and registering for an English proficiency exam. Click the links below for helpful information.
How to Apply: LL.M. Program and Specializations
Admission to the LL.M. program requires electronically submitting an application with all required materials. Applicants for the LL.M program can apply at any time and be considered for Fall, Spring or Summer admission depending on when their application is complete. Click the links below for helpful information.
• LL.M. Admissions Overview
How to Apply: Law Degree and Master's Programs
Apply to the J.D. or master's program.
Questions? We Are Here to Help!
Albany Law School’s Admissions Office is dedicated to assisting you through the application process. We are available to answer your questions and concerns, and encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or call +1 518-445-2326.
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here