Albany Law School: Albany Law Schoolgraduate.albanylaw.edu
Albany Law School
- Albany Law School, founded in 1851, is the only law school in New York State’s capital.
- Graduates include a U.S. president, U.S. Supreme Court justices, New York's current governor, and chief counsels to Fortune 500 companies.
- Albany—the home of New York's highest court, federal courts, the state legislature, and a vibrant start-up culture—is a laboratory for the study of law.
- The area is rich in history, government and culture, and is centrally located for easy access to New York City, Boston, and Montreal, Canada.
- Albany Law School has an affiliation agreement with University at Albany that includes shared programs, and access for students and faculty to learn from one another.
- Albany Law School shares a 54-acre midtown campus with three other educational institutions and research facilities. Together, the schools attract students from across the country and around the world whose diverse interests and backgrounds enrich the intellectual and social environment for all. Campus amenities include a fitness center, athletic fields, gymnasiums, an art gallery and bookstore.
LL.M. for International Lawyers
This LL.M. degree program is designed for internationally educated attorneys who wish to qualify to take the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) for admission to the New York State bar or other bars. (International lawyers who do not intend to take the bar exam have the option of pursuing other LL.M. specializations.)
In addition to regular course work, LL.M. students are eligible to earn up to four credits through The Justice Center at Albany Law School, where students represent real clients in actual cases under the close supervision of faculty members.
Conditional admission: Offered for international students who meet all admission requirements except the minimum English language requirement.
Albany Law School offers several different LL.M. study options. The following LL.M. programs are intended for students with a J.D. degree from a U.S. law school, or international lawyers who do not intend to take the bar exam.
Candidates may specialize in:
- Advanced Legal Studies;
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law (100% online)
- Financial Compliance and Risk Management (100% online)
- Government Administration and Regulation;
- Health Law;
- Intellectual Property Law;
- International Law;
- or candidates may design a course of study other than those specialized programs.
Earn Your LL.M. Online
The online LL.M. in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law is designed to provide cybersecurity professionals with expertise on policy and the ability to adapt and advance in this rapidly evolving field. We offer a rigorous curriculum taught by faculty who are thought leaders in the fields of information security, data privacy, cybercrime, and intellectual property law. Graduates of the program are well-equipped to unlock their earning potential in the expanding, lucrative field of cybersecurity.
The online LL.M. in Financial Compliance and Risk Management leverages Albany Law School’s location in the capital of New York—which hosts one of the largest financial centers in the world—to advance the careers of working professionals. The cost of financial compliance for financial institutions is expected to double over the next five years. Our program is designed to equip financial services professionals with the tools to fill this growing need in the financial services sector.
Visit graduate.albanylaw.edu to learn more about the LL.M. programs at Albany Law School, or to request additional information.
J.D., Dual, and Master’s Degrees
Albany Law School offers a traditional J.D. degree, an accelerated 2-year J.D., 17 law degree concentrations, and several combined and dual degrees through accredited colleges and universities in the Capital Region and New York City.
Albany Law School also offers Master of Science (M.S.) in Legal Studies and advanced certificate programs in several areas, including Cybersecurity and Data Privacy, Financial Compliance and Risk Management, and Health Law.
How to Apply: LL.M. for International Lawyers and Other Residential Graduate Programs
Admission to a residential graduate program at Albany Law School starts with electronically submitting an application. LL.M. for International Lawyers applicants must also register for an English proficiency exam. Click the link below for helpful information.
How to Apply: Online Graduate Programs
Admission to an online graduate program at Albany Law School also begins with electronically submitting an application with all required materials. Online graduate programs have six start dates per year.
How to Apply: Law Degree
Apply to the J.D. program.
Questions? We Are Here to Help!
Albany Law School’s Admissions Office is dedicated to assisting you through the application process. We are available to answer your questions and concerns, and encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or call +1 518-445-2326.
Follow Albany Law School on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Office of Admissions
Albany Law School
80 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, N.Y. 12208-3494
Phone: +1 518-445-2326
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here