find your perfect LLM program
Search our Database of over 2500 Courses
LLM (Master of Laws) in Business Law
Business Law is crucial to both international and national businesses, and is now regarded as a professional tool. It covers a broad range of elements which include: intellectual property, finance, competition, trade regulation, banking, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, anti-trust legalities, bankruptcy, international copyright law, transactions and contracts.
If you are interested in advancing in the world of business it is well worth studying an LLM in Business Law as it only involves an extra year of study to gain this highly valuable and essential knowledge.Find LLM programs in Business Law
LLM in Business Law – who’s it for?
An LLM in Business Law is specifically structured for students and lawyers who are concerned with cross-border business dealings as well as the international and national regulatory regimes that go with them. It will train students so that they are equipped to address the legalities that affect the financial activities of leading government and commercial institutions on a broad range of subjects. This Master of Laws is for students who want to be part of a legal profession which embraces a dynamic international environment, and who want to be given an all-encompassing training program which includes both soft and business skills. By studying this LLM they will also gain access to an international network of legal professionals, alumni, professors and fellow students.
Advantages of studying an LLM in Business Law
An LLM in Business Law is the ideal qualification for those who want to get ahead in the world of international business law. It is excellent for those who need to bring their legal English up to a higher standard, gain exposure to lawyers and foreign law, have more knowledge regarding comparative business law and marketable skills including research and negotiation, and to broaden their familiarity on the connections between various diverse fields of law and business. LLM in Business Law graduates will:
- Gain a thorough grounding in all spheres of both national and international business law
- Profit from a having competitive edge with a more extensive knowledge of business law
- Improve their employability and career choices in a global job market
- Benefit from a diverse learning opportunity with students trained in different legal systems
- Achieve an excellent grounding for employment in academia or industry
- Gain knowledge from lecturers and experienced legal consultants with broad international academic expertise and a vast assortment of backgrounds
- Profit from a good balance of academic and practical focus
- Acquire knowledge on the approaches of civil law and common law towards business law
- Graduate with the relevant skills to engage in a worthwhile and substantially rewarding career
Where you can study an LLM in Business Law?
There are number of universities and colleges which offer a Master of Laws program with a robust Commercial/Business Law focus. These are based in the United, States, the United Kingdom and mainland Europe and include: Washington College of Law, University of California, NYU, Ohio University, Georgetown University, Anglia Ruskin University, Birmingham City University, University of Nottingham, Durham University, Edinburgh University, University of Glasgow, the London School of Economics, Queen Mary University, and University of Tilburg, University of Zurich.
What qualifications do you need to study an LLM in Business Law?
To study for an LLM it is usually essential to have an undergraduate honours degree in law, or a degree with a considerable legal component to it. Most institutions also require that prospective candidates have attained at least a 2:1 degree classification. Due to the amount of technical and specialist language used on legal courses, it is also essential that any students coming to the UK to study have a high level of competency in English. Those graduates whose first language is not English are required to have high IELTS (or equivalent) score of at least seven. Click here to find out more about English Language requirements for International Students.
An LLM in Business Law advances careers in…
Studying an LLM in Business Law is a great way to advance your career in many fields, including;
Legal professionals within an inter-governmental organisation
In-house legal counsels
Professional business lawyers at international law firms
Legal advisors at international accounting companies and banks
If you study an LLM in Business Law you will…
- Have the opportunity of a broad learning experience
- Be fast-tracked onto today's global business environment
- Enjoy a more dynamic career
- Earn more money and get a larger company pension
- Experience a wealth of career opportunities
Boyle and Birds' Company Law by A J Boyle and J Birds
Economic Principles of Law by Cenyo Veljanovski
Introduction to Business Law by Lucy Jones
The Enforceability of Promises in European Contract Law by James GordleyFind an LLM in BUSINESS LAW