De Montfort University: Business and Lawwww.dmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-study/business-and-law
De Montfort University
Leicester De Montfort Law School
Study at Leicester De Montfort Law School in our state-of-the-art £35 million Hugh Aston Building, with its own mock courtroom, a client interviewing room and an integrated law library really putting the focus of your degree on practical experience.
You can develop the practical professional skills that employers look for through activities such as mooting (a legal debate in a courtroom setting), giving free legal advice at our Law Clinic to staff and fellow students through client interviewing (under the supervision of qualified lawyers) and getting involved in our Street Law Society which aims to make legal issues more accessible to the local community.
Leicester De Montfort Law School is home to the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL,) The LPC provides you with work-related skills training for those wishing to become solicitors. Whereas, the GDL is a conversion course for graduates in subjects other than law or who have a non-qualifying law degree, who intend to become solicitors or barristers.
We also offer a suite of LLM programmes (Masters of Law) which allow you to gain expertise in a specialised area. This allows you to prepare for a career in the field of your choice and can increase future earning potential.
- LLM Business Law
- LLM Employment Law and Practice
- LLM Environmental Law and Practice
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Human Rights
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics
- LLM Sports Law and Practice
With every postgraduate courses they are designed to give you the skills, knowledge and insight essential to launch a fascinating and rewarding career in the legal profession.
Reasons to Study at Leicester De Montfort Law School
- Great Graduate role opportunities at world-leading companies. DMU Graduates have gone onto roles at E.ON, PwC, Mattel Inc, Deutsche Bank, HSBC and KPMG
- Be part of a thriving, international community that benefits from the many nationalities and cultures of its students and staff
- Benefit from strong links with major professional bodies, offering recognition and significant exemptions from professional courses across a wide range of subject areas
- Take part in our #DMUglobal programme, which offers the opportunity to broaden your cultural horizons and helps you to stand out in an increasingly competitive employment market
- Gain a practical experience through our modern facilities
We hold regular Postgraduate Open Days and Online Chat events, which provide you with opportunities to discuss your options with our current students and academics. Visit our website to book your place.
For more information please contact us using the details below:
T: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here