University of Aberdeen: School of Lawhttp://www.abdn.ac.uk/law
University of Aberdeen
School of Law
The University of Aberdeen is ranked in the Top 30 UK Universities by the Complete University Guide 2019.
Law has been taught at the University of Aberdeen since its foundation in 1495. Today, the school is ranked among the Top 5 UK law schools (CUG 2019), and we are justifiably proud of our joint #1 ranking for graduate prospects (CUG 2019).
We teach a broad cohort of 980 undergraduate, postgraduate and research students representing 40 nationalities. The University has a student population of around 14,000 and a large international community of students drawn from 120 different countries. Our staff have a broad range of research interests, reflected by our three specialist law centres focusing on: Energy Law, Private International Law, and Civil Law.
The Law School has its own dedicated library housing 55,000 volumes and providing access to all the main law journals and legal databases.
The School offers 18 specialist taught LLM degrees across four areas of law: Commercial law, Energy & the Environment, International Law, Human Rights & Criminal Justice. A number of our taught LLM programmes have 2 options – with Professional Skills, providing indispensable work-ready competencies or with Dissertation, providing specific research and study. We currently offer four online programmes LLM Oil and Gas Law, LLM Dispute Resolution and LLM International Trade Law. We also offer an LLM research and an accelerated LLB for well-qualified graduates wishing to gain an additional degree in law.
On campus Programmes
(1 year full time, 2 year part time, all September starts, some with January start options)
Business Law and Sustainable Development
Criminal Justice and Human Rights
Energy & Environmental Law
Human Rights Law
Human Rights & Criminal Justice Law
Intellectual Property Law
International Commercial Law
International Law and International Relations
International Law and Strategic Studies
International Trade Law
International Trade Law and Treaty Negotiation
Oil and Gas Law
Private International Law
Public International Law
Our LLMS at a glance
(1 year full time, flexible part time options)
LLM Oil and Gas Law
LLM Dispute Resolution
LLM International Trade Law
LLM International Trade Law and Treaty Negotiation (blended learning)
We also offer a range of online law short courses.
Research by LLM and PHD
Help on how to write a research proposal as part of your application
Situated at the heart of the historic King’s College Campus, close to the centre of Aberdeen. The city has a long history of international trade, and more recently established as the Energy Capital of Europe. Aberdeen has a rich local cultural heritage, offering easy access to the beautiful and varied landscape of the North East of Scotland. It is one of the safest student cities, and the second most ‘affordable student city’ in the UK (RBS Student Living Index 2017).
The Law School offers a number scholarships annually, including the LLM Merit Scholarship, Law School Energy & Environmental Scholarship and the Robert & Elizabeth Mitchell Law Scholarship.
Find out more about funding here.
Find out more
School of Law
University of Aberdeen
+44 (0)1224 274260
- Business Law and Sustainable Development with Dissertation (LLM)
- Corporate Finance and Law (LLM)
- Criminal Justice (LLM)
- Criminal Justice and Human Rights (LLM)
- Dispute Resolution (LLM)
- Energy and Environmental Law with Dissertation (LLM)
- Energy and Environmental Law with Professional Skills (LLM)
- Energy Law with Dissertation (LLM)
- Energy Law with Professional Skills (LLM)
- General Law (LLM)
- Human Rights (LLM)
- Human Rights and Criminal Justice (LLM)
- Intellectual Property Law (LLM)
- Intellectual Property Law with Professional Skills (LLM)
- International Commercial Law with Dissertation (LLM)
- International Commercial Law with Professional Skills (LLM)
- International Human Rights (LLM)
- International Law (LLM)
- International Law and International Relations (LLM)
- International Law and Strategic Studies (LLM)
- International Law, Security and Strategic Studies (LLM)
- International Trade Law (LLM)
- International Trade Law and Treaty Negotiation with Professional Skills (LLM)
- Natural Resources Law (LLM)
- Oil and Gas Law with Dissertation (LLM)
- Oil and Gas Law with Professional Skills LLM (LLM)
- Private International Law (LLM)
- Public International Law (LLM)
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here