find your perfect LLM program
Search our Database of over 2500 Courses
Goldsmiths, University of London: Law
|Institution||Goldsmiths, University of London|
**The LLM (Master of Law) equips you with advanced knowledge and expertise in specialist areas of law, empowering you to pursue a diverse range of legal careers, or PhD study, in the UK and internationally.**
**Why study LLM Law at Goldsmiths:**
- The LLM at Goldsmiths is unique, giving you access to Work Placement and Law Clinic modules (for credit).
- We’re focussed on employability, and the programme has been developed with feedback from employers and legal practices. Our central Careers Service is here to support you every step of the way.
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with renowned legal scholars, eminent legal practitioners and NGOs who co-teach or lead in our modules embedding advanced legal theory and professional practice.
- You’ll learn from important legal thinkers, internationally leading barristers and politicians. Our Law Faculty and Visiting Professors are some of the greatest legal minds of our generation.
- The LLM Law has a rich programme of activities. You’ll have the chance to learn from workshops and visits to many of the UK’s leading institutions such as the Royal Courts of Justice, UK Supreme Court and Houses of Parliament, and gain practical experience through taking placements and law clinic modules (for credit).
- You’ll gain a holistic understanding of Law. Visits to law-related exhibitions, film screenings and theatre productions will demonstrate how present Law is in our society.
**Study 21st century Law, and Law in context**
You’ll have the opportunity to choose from the full range of innovative LLM modules delivered by the Department of Law. To diversify your studies, you’ll also be able to choose relevant optional modules from the Department of Politics and International Relations.
An LLM from Goldsmiths puts you in the driving seat, enabling you to study Law from a multidimensional perspective.
Our curriculum has been built for the 21st-century landscape of Law, including subjects from Feminist Approaches to Law to NGO Advocacy in a polarised world, AI and Disruptive Technologies, Environmental Challenges, Social Justice and Human Rights.
Our students learn the law in action while helping local communities and developing crucial professional skills. Through our placement modules focussing on human rights and criminal justice, or by participating in Law Clinics.
Students currently have the opportunity to learn invaluable practical skills by taking part in the University of London Refugee Law Clinic or the Law and Policy Clinics covering a wide range of topics.
**Our leading researchers**
You'll have unique access to influential legal thinkers who have undertaken high-level legal and policy work in government departments, international courts, prestigious research centres, boutique law firms and some of the top NGOs and human rights organisations in the UK. Find out more about our leading researchers.
**Harvard Law School course**
We’re the first department outside the United States to offer free access to Harvard Law School’s pioneering Zero-L course.
Taught by 18 leading Harvard Law faculty members, it has hours of video lectures, vocabulary, and periodic comprehension checks that you can take at your own pace. The course modules cover a range of topics, including an introduction to the legal profession, History of the American Constitution, separation of powers and federalism, stages of litigation and citizenship rights.
Materials developed by Goldsmiths Law academics to support the delivery of Zero-L direct you to key areas of interest in the programme and give you support to understand how Zero-L strengthens your understanding of English law and helps you to develop legal skills.
**Study abroad, and our Athens Summer School**
In recent years, our students have attended summer schools at the University of Geneva and Amsterdam Law school. We organise an annual summer school in Athens, in collaboration with leading Universities there.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Applicants will normally have a degree in Law, a related social science discipline (such as Criminology, Politics and International Relations, Sociology, Anthropology, Media & Communications, Economics or Psychology) or a humanities degree (such as English, History, Philosophy or Art).
We also accept applications from people with professional, transferrable experience working in:
Students will normally be expected to have an upper second-class honours degree or its equivalent. There is some flexibility where applicants demonstrate exceptional commitment or abilities to study for the degree because of their possession of other qualifications, or because they have relevant experiences that would qualify them for the programme.
If English isn’t your first language, you will need an IELTS score (or equivalent English language qualification) of 6.5 with a 6.5 in writing and no element lower than 6.0 to study this programme.
|Location||Goldsmiths, University of London|
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of global LLM programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here