University of Glasgow: International Commercial Law
|Institution||University of Glasgow|
|Department||School of Law View department profile|
Continual developments in e-commerce and a shift towards global trading mean that new legal skills and knowledge are constantly needed in many jobs. The programme will prepare you for a career focused in these key international areas.
Commercial law has been a strength of the School of Law for many years, and this programme reflects the considerable expertise of the staff involved.
You will benefit from our excellent facilities including the dedicated School of Law library; our main University library also contains our extensive collection of legal materials and official publications and is a European Documentation Centre.
- We promote a series of lectures featuring talks from highly successful lawyers and judges.
- We have a very vibrant mooting programme and a dedicated Moot Courtroom. We have an outstanding record of success and you can participate in internal, national and international mooting competitions.
You are required to take at least four courses from the following list (plus two others) and to submit a dissertation as falling within the area. Courses are delivered through a blend of lectures and seminar style teaching. The use of international sources, such as conventions, means you learn about the law in the UK while also developing a broader international perspective.
- ADVANCED INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION LAW
- COMPETITION LAW ENFORCEMENT
- CORPORATE FINANCE
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND THE LAW
- INTERNATIONAL AND COMPARATIVE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
- INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION LAW
- INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REGULATION
- INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT LAW
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW AND THE MARKET
- INTERNATIONAL MERGER CONTROL
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW
- LAW AND MARKETS
- THE LAW OF SECURED FINANCE
- INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION
There is a high demand for law professionals with expertise in international commercial law. You will be well placed for roles in law firms, banks, international traders, asset managers and regulators.
University of Glasgow
The School of Law
The University of Glasgow’s School of Law equips you with the knowledge and skills you need in an increasingly competitive legal market. Our graduates have gone on to work in international courts, the European Commission, banking and finance, international law firms, governments, and academic institutions around the world.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and law has been taught from the beginning. The University has a history of changing the world and the School of Law is committed to nurturing the people who …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of global LLM programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here