find your perfect LLM program
Search our Database of over 2500 Courses
Case Western Reserve University: School of Law
Case Western Reserve University
School of Law
Case Western Reserve University is a top research university located just 5 miles east of downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Ranked as one of the country’s most livable cities—and an especially great place for young professionals—Cleveland is home to a large community of lawyers who practice international business law and intellectual property law. Become part of our network of 1,300+ LLM alumni from 80 countries who have lived and learned in Cleveland.
Through classes taught by leading experts in the field, we equip international students for the challenges of practicing law in a constantly changing world that demands a firm grasp of cross-border interests and implications of a nation’s laws.
We offer four 24-credit degree options to best match your interests, with LLMs in:
- U.S. and Global Legal Studies: ideal for students interested in U.S. and international law who hope to improve their legal research, writing and analytical skills.
- Intellectual Property Law: aimed at those interested in the doctrine and policy of U.S. intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
- International Business Law: suited for students focused on academic analysis and practical applications of U.S. business law and international business transactions.
- International Criminal Law: provides in-depth knowledge of international criminal law and procedure, international humanitarian law and national security law.
Before your program even begins, you’ll have the chance to take part in our Summer Language and Law Institute to broaden and polish your English communication skills, while introducing you to United States common law practice.
Plus, we offer an LLM+ option in which you can add a third or fourth semester to undertake an externship with a law firm or corporate office of general counsel, and/or take more courses in bar-tested subjects to enhance the likelihood of passing a U.S. bar exam.
You’ll work directly with the program director to determine your individual course of study, based on your prior legal education, goals and interests. In addition to certain required courses, you’ll choose elective options to further customize your degree.
Applicants to the LLM program should complete the PDF application and submit to CWRU. You can apply as early as September for the following fall; decisions are made on a rolling basis. To apply, you’ll need:
- Completed application form and personal statement;
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended, with translations into English where applicable;
- Copies of official TOEFL score, IELTS record report, or ELS 111 or 112 transcripts, if your native language is not English and you did not earn a degree from an institution where English is the language of instruction; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
We review complete applications in the order they are received. Start your application today.
Office of Global Legal Studies
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7148 USA
216.368.2083 | email@example.com
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here