University of Dundee: LLM International Petroleum Taxation and Finance
|Institution||University of Dundee|
|Department||School of Social Sciences|
Petroleum provides a huge source of revenue for producer governments. This course looks at the choices governments make in balancing resource taxes and corporate taxes and the share of production retained by the state.
In looking at the options for taxation of petroleum and natural resources, you will study the regulation of production (to see who and what is being taxed). You will also learn about the fiscal options of resource taxes and corporate taxes, and understand that the state’s share of production is also revenue for the state.
You will also learn about:
- the project financing of petroleum production through debt, forward purchases, and production payments
- how different taxes interact to create the total tax burden
- limited recourse financing of petroleum projects
- how different investors have different financing needs, and the implications for the investor group
- how governments balance the need for revenue with the need to attract investors
- dispute avoidance and resolution
You do not need to be a lawyer to take this course.
CEPMLP has been a global voice of energy law and policy since 1977. We are now working towards the transition to low-carbon economies worldwide. With over 6,000 postgraduate alumni from more than 50 countries, we prepare our graduates for high–profile careers in the public and private sectors.
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of global LLM programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here