find your perfect LLM program
Search our Database of over 2500 Courses
University of Bristol: School of Law
University of Bristol
We are a top 10 UK Law School in a world-leading University. Our rich portfolio of postgraduate degrees is shaped and delivered by globally renowned academics who combine teaching and research excellence so you graduate with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue top-flight careers within the law and beyond. (*#9 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Law 2021 / #58 QS World University Rankings 2021)
Our postgraduate degrees
Learn from world-leading academics so you can become an expert yourself
Our intellectually demanding, the research-informed curriculum is delivered by academics who are leaders in their fields. As a Russell Group university, and a top 5 UK law school for research intensity (REF2014), our academics are leading the way in diverse areas of legal research. It is this combination of teaching and research excellence that sees our graduates stand outgoing on to shape and inform policy and legislation around the world and across many sectors.
Choose from a diverse range of LLMs
The knowledge and expertise of our academics inform our distinctive and exciting range of LLMs with programmes including the LLM International Law, LLM Banking and Finance, LLM Health, Law and Society, LLM in Human Rights Law, LLM in Employment, Work and Equality and many more to choose from.
Tailor your own degree
The pioneering research of our academics has also influenced a diverse range of optional modules that enable you to tailor your own degree. The LLM Law and Globalisation, for instance, offers modules ranging from IT law, IP Law and Environmental Law to Criminal Law and Criminal Justice – making it a popular choice for both international and home students.
Our careers programme
Gain the skills and knowledge to access a diverse range of careers
Choosing the University of Bristol means gaining access to a rich calendar of career-focused activities and a strong collaboration between the School, our alumni, international law firms, non-governmental organisations and a dedicated careers advisor with expertise in what is needed to access diverse legal pathways. Studying at the University of Bristol Law School means graduating with the skills, knowledge and contacts to fulfil your career aspirations and excel in or out of the law.
Get hands-on clinical legal experience and work opportunities in human rights, legal tech and criminology
Through our student-run pro bono legal service, the Human Rights Law Clinic and initiatives that tackle criminal law and the justice system, such as the Freedom Law Clinic and Empowering the Innocent (an initiative set up by the founder of the globally-renowned Innocence Project), you can gain recognised, real-life experience of the law that employers in a wide range of sectors will value. Further opportunities include mentoring schemes, human rights and legal tech placements and much more.
Live and learn in great facilities, an exciting UK city and the largest legal centre outside London
The Law School facilities provide the very best blend of tradition and innovation. Much of the teaching is based in the iconic Wills Memorial Building at the heart of Bristol, with its gothic tower, Harry Potter-esque great hall and library - and gargoyle framed windows of its lecture halls. Across the road in Berkeley Square is another historic building, recently refurbished to house modern research suites, seminar and tutor rooms and a state-of-the-art moot court where you can also test out your debating and negotiating skills. Bristol itself is a vibrant, culturally diverse city, small enough to feel warm and friendly, but big enough to provide outstanding extracurricular opportunities, including a host of clubs, sporting activities and community and volunteering groups.
Choose Bristol and do more with the law than you ever imagined possible.
- A Top 10 UK university and 58th in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021)
- A Top 10 UK law school (QS World University Rankings for law 2021 and Times Higher Education World Rankings for Law 2021)
- One of the 10 most targeted universities by top UK employers (High Fliers 2021)
- Top 5 UK law schools for most graduate trainees recruited by top law firms(Chambers Student Guide 2019) and for research intensity (REF 2014)
- Ninth best European university for teaching (2019)
- The largest legal centre outside of London (CBRE) with access to global law firms, policymakers, NGOs, alumni mentors and more
- Home to internationally recognised centres of research excellence and world-renowned experts
- Exciting opportunities for real-life experiences of law through our law clinics, exclusive placements and mentoring schemes.
Enquiries Team Phone: +44 (0) 117 39 41649 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law (Human Rights Law) (LLM)
- Law (International Commercial Law) (LLM)
- Law - International Law (LLM)
- Law - International Law and International Relations (LLM)
- Law (Labour Law and Corporate Governance) (LLM)
- Law (Law and Globalisation) (LLM)
- Law (Public Law) (LLM)
- LLM Law - Employment, Work and Equality (LLM)
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here