find your perfect LLM program
Search our Database of over 2500 Courses
Nottingham Trent University: Barristers Training Course
|Institution||Nottingham Trent University|
|Department||Nottingham Law School|
|Telephone||+44(0)115 848 4200|
Successful completion of this course enables you to be called to the Bar, and proceed to pupillage. Our nine-month LLM BTC gives you the opportunity to gain the award of a Masters (LLM), assuming successful completion of the BTC and an additional module, Advanced Advocacy, Advice and ADR, which has been created to give you experience of issues that are at the cutting-edge of practice, such as vulnerable witnesses and expert evidence.
The LLM qualification is internationally recognised, and is eligible for the UK postgraduate government loan. Our LLM incorporates a number of unique, practical elements which are at the forefront of legal practice and which will aid you in your future career.
**Why study at Nottingham Law School?**
- All our staff are experienced lawyers and you will benefit from their practical knowledge, as well as from visiting lecturers.
- Our teaching is consistently commended as excellent.
- You'll receive face-to-face feedback in all assessable skills.
- You'll undertake assessments with a practical focus.
- Our dedicated and experienced careers consultants provide guidance and support to help you secure qualifying work experience or other legal employment. You'll also benefit from working with our successful careers team.
- We have considerable expertise in advocacy and alternative dispute resolution. We're home to the first Centre for Advocacy in the UK and our Centre for Mediation and Dispute Resolution was opened in 2016 by Sir Peter Coulson, now a judge of the Court of Appeal.
- As well as access to an exclusive BTC study area, studying with Nottingham Law School also means that you have all the facilities a large Law School can offer, plus the advantages of studying within a university environment which offers outstanding library, IT, support, sports, language and Student Union services.
We are authorised by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) to deliver the vocational component of Bar training.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of global LLM programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with LLMstudy.com
Are you an LLM student at this University or have you applied to study an LLM program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here